Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Holidays


Griffin was thrilled to get his Big Bird, a present from our dear friend in Alaska, Glenn. He seemed to not be able to grasp the concept of Christmas but did understand the concept of giving gifts because he was spending a lot of time wrapping up presents (which were his toys) in tissue and tape to give to NaNa and PaPa with a bow on top of course. Griffin did really well with the chaos going on in the house, he did do some stimming but only briefly though. The weather is rainy and has been for the past few days and this damp cold is more difficult to tolerate than the dry cold of Alaska. It is hard to understand, I'm sure, if one has not felt the difference but even when it was in the single digits in Alaska I could stand it better than the damp 40's here in SC. I hope that all of you are having happy holidays no matter what holiday you celebrate/observe I hope that you days are full of love and laughter. We are enjoying being with our family, it sure is nice after having been all alone in Alaska for 16 years, well not totally alone, we did have some friends there indeed but for the most part Griffin and I have spent most of our time there alone/all by ourselves. I don't know how I made it by myself for 4 1/2 years raising Griffin by myself especially now that I have the loving support of my parents/family here. Hugs to you all and a very happy holiday!

2 comments:

Maddy said...

It's almost worth considering moving huh! I would consider moving but 'family
' is in Britain, and I don't think my autistic boys would fare to well in such a 'cold' climate. Cheers

KC's Blog said...

Hello Lora and Griffin,
Happy Christmas to you both! Please send my "hellos" to your Mom amd Dad.
Griffin is a as cute as ever! Miss you guys tons!