Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Griffin's Swimming has Vastley Improved


If you watch the video you will see how well Griffin is swimming and it has improved so much just in the past few months. He is actually using his arms and legs at the same time! I am so very proud of him.

The challenge that his teacher and shadow have at school is that Griffin is being stubborn about learning to listen to the teacher and not expecting the shadow to give him all of his cues. Our goal is for him to be independent and go into second grade without the shadow. Regardless of that he is doing very well academically and he is doing all of his homework without me around, I watch him from a distance and he stays on task until he is done.

I made an A in my first class online! And I made an A on my first essay for my current class, World Religions! I love this class and all that I am learning about religions even though I am agnostic I still find it fascinating. All the different beliefs and what they dictate for their societies is so interesting. I am on Hinduism right now and have Buddism next. I am writing my final essay on Wicca and it's growing popularity in the United States and the effects that it will have on our society. I love to write so doing essays is a welcome challenge for me.

6 comments:

KC's Blog said...

Whoa! He's a swimmer Lora! You must be thrilled and feel so much more relieved to know he can swim. Way to go Griffin!

Jess said...

Go Griffin go!

Congrats on your A, too!

~Jess

Miekie said...

Congratulations on your A's Lora! And congratulations on Griffin's swimming! Tammy has also started swimming lessons and she is doing great!

mommy~dearest said...

Awesome across the board! Would be interested in your paper on Wicca as well. Love learning about religions- in my family, we have Jewish, Christian, Pagan, Wiccan, and Buddhist. We like to mix things up. ;)

kristi said...

You go, girl! I have completed 4 classes so far and have made all A's.

GClef1970 said...

Great job to BOTH of you! And, Griffin's swimming gives me hope for Conor. He was completely disinterested in lessons last summer and the thought of him being unable to swim (in Florida, where there is a pool every 100 feet!) scares me! Way to go, guys!