Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Our Trip To North Carolina

Unfortunately I forgot my camera but I took pics with my new camera phone which I incidentally do not have a usb cord for so I cannot upload the pictures to the computer, what a bummer. When I do get the usb cord then I will share the wonderful pictures that I took. Anyhow, Griffin and I went to N.C. to visit with my brother, his wife, and their two kids who are age 10 yrs. and 15 yrs. Griffin had a grand time playing with them, it was nice for all of us because the kids had so much energy to really play with Griffin to the point of wearing them out. Griffin of course cannot be worn down but he sure did seem to have a great time with them. The weather was pretty cold and it snowed our first night there, not much but nevertheless it was cold. Because it was cold we didn't do a whole lot on Saturday but we did go out to eat at a really nice Mexican restaurant and then later got some homemade ice cream at an old fashioned ice cream salon (I think that's what they are called). We went to the toy store and played around for a long time, we kept on trying on different hats on Griffin and taking pictures with my new camera phone. I can't wait to share the pictures with you all.

We are planning for Griffin to go to the Special Olympics on Thursday, that is if it doesn't rain so I will have some great pics from that as well. Cross your fingers for us that it doesn't rain us out.

I haven't written in quite awhile because I simply haven't spent that much time at the computer but then again it is partly because I don't really have that much to share with you as of late. I am also behind on reading blogs and commenting so I apologize and I plan to catch up real soon. I miss reading about what all of you are doing and letting you know that I am thinking of you.

8 comments:

Maddy said...

Too much technology all around eh!
Glad you all had such a jolly good time, and 'no news' is usually 'good news.'
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi Lora! glad you had a good trip! Sounds like Griffin had fun too-cant wait to see pictures.


amy

gretchen said...

I'll be really interested to hear about the Special Olympics too. Glad everythig is going well!

GClef1970 said...

I was just about to say the same thing as mcewen: No news is good news! Sounds like you're really settling into your new life! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

KAL said...

Lora, I've tried several times to post to your blog and have not had success. Ugh. Glad you had a good trip to NC... the Special Olympics sounds great! Is Griffin competing? Look forward to your updates.

Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

I'm thinking of you both too :o) I can't wait to see your pictures from your trip, especially the ones of Griffin in all the different hats.

Are you closer to family now that you moved from Alaska? Did you have family in Alaska? I was just wondering if it helps to have family close to you.

Take care,
kristin

Wendy said...

Lora - OMG!! I have been thinking that you haven't updated in SO long. I always use bloglines for my favorite blogs and it hasn't been telling me when you post. Tonight I thought - I'll just pop over to her blog and double check that she's not posting - and you have been! Lots and lots and lots of posts that I've missed. SIGH. I'm so sorry! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do....

Until then, I hope you and Griffin are both doing well!

Hugs,

Wendy

Lora said...

Kristin, We are actually living with my parents and my brother and sister are only a couple of hours away in North Carolina. My whole family is here and we had no family in Alaska so it is good to be near to them. It was rather lonely in Alaska without my family but I stuck it out for 16 years and that was long enough. Take care and have a great weekend!