Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Monday, November 13, 2006

Griffin is Beginning to Notice


Griffin is beginning to show signs of not understanding what is going on even though I have explained it to him I still don't think that he gets it. This morning he woke up disoriented and crying. He couldn't figure out what it was exactly that he wanted even though he was trying to tell me, I just couldn't understand him. It finally passed and he got over it and eventually was his happy little self again but I can't help but to think that he did that because of all the changes around the apartment. For the most part our routine is the same and he seems to be doing okay at school at least as far as I know, Kathleen hasn't written anything to me to indicate that he is having any trouble there. This afternoon he seems to be fine too playing on his own, laughing, and talking as usual.

It is so very cold here, presently it is 12 degrees with a wind chill factor of -5 but because of the wind it feels much colder than that actually. My apartment's heat is not working right and it won't heat up beyond 70 degrees which sounds like it is fine but my hands are very cold and so are Griffin's. I have the thermostat turned up past 80 degrees but it won't budge. I am concerned that the colder it gets outside the colder it is going to get in here. I told the landlord and all he could say was that the apartment needs more insulation (which he is going to take care of after we leave) and that 70 degrees is not so bad so in other words, he isn't going to do anything about it. He also stated that the heater wasn't working hard enough to pump out the necessary warmth that would be necessary to heat the apartment. I don't have a space heater nor do I think it is wise to go out and purchase one when we are about to leave. So, I think that I am going to ask him if he has one that I can borrow.

As far as the packing goes I have packed up all that I can for now of all the stuff that we are not using presently and the ARC/thrift store is picking up the donations tomorrow thank goodness. I am so ready for all this stuff to be out of here and not be piled up in the kitchen floor and in the closet. I am ready to clean up and get the last minute stuff packed up and sent.

That's all for now folks, I am going to attempt to get some of your blogs read tonight so hopefully I can catch up on what is going on with you all.

3 comments:

KC's Blog said...

Hi Lora,
Oh My Gosh that is too cold for you and Griffin! I am so glad you are moving, that manager sounds like a jerk!
It sounds like you are getting alot packed and sent off girl! You are doing a great job, I know it must be very overwhelming for you. Hang in there girl, it's all going to come together:)

(((Hugs)))

Tina

Wendy said...

Ask that manager how warm HIS house is!!

One nice thing about moving is that you can get rid of a lot of stuff you don't use anymore. I really need to get clean out my closet but I'm afraid it would take a move for me to get in there and do it! :)

Kiralea Powell said...

Hi Lora
your long lost friend here back on line again. hooray...
Jordan has days like Griffin did and i think it is part of their autistic traits. Hang in there and i am always thinking of you.
My new email address is kiralee.powell@bigpond.com please email me because i bought a new computer and lost all my email addresses waaaaa. i so much want to catch up with you and i will keep on reading. Take care and hugs to you both