Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life Is Good

Griffin is simply radiant in this picture, he is having so much fun with all of his characters (as he so fondly refers to them). He is still a bit mellow/low key and is not fully recovered but he does seem to be feeling better since his surgery. We went to my niece's 21st birthday dinner/party yesterdaty and we didn't get home until around 9:30 (way past his bedtime) so he didn't get to sleep until around 10:00 or so and I didn't get to sleep until about 1:00 a.m. I have been reading so much and writing so much that it seems that the outside world does not exist except when it is time to pick Griffin up from school and/or have to take him somewhere. But this is what I thoroughly enjoy (writing that is) and would love to do it full time, I could never get tired of it.

I plan to take Griffin by the gymnastics class for boys 6-8, it is called tumbling which is going to be the best for him anyhow. The only conflict in his schedule is that he has swimming the same exact time and date so I am hoping that the swimming can be changed to accommodate both activities. I believe that having gymnastics each week could teach him some physical activities that could help him regulate himself at home and maybe even while in public. Between the speech, OT, swimming, and now gymnastics he should be staying pretty busy this summer......at least I sure hope so because of my allergy to the sunlight...........weird, I know......I inherited it from my dad and his dad.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated, hugs to you all.

No comments: