Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Dear and Precious Kitty, Dot is Gone


Last night Griffin opened the door for just a few seconds and I guess that is how Dot got out of the apartment. I didn't notice until this morning when we were getting ready to take Abby for a walk. It is the absolute worst time of the year for her to be out there...it was only 16 degrees this morning so of course I am worried about her. Griffin isn't upset, I guess that is just part of being autistic, just as when the hamster died he wasn't upset.  I thought that he had a strong bond with the cat but I guess not. She was a great kitty for us and even for Abby because they played together all the time. Now, I have to wait to get another one because getting one from the shelter is expensive and I won't do it any other way. Rescuing animals is the only way to go as far as I am concerned. You save their life and they are eternally grateful and one can always know that they did the right thing by saving a life.

It is supposed to be in the 40s today so I hope that she will be okay....maybe she found a new home, although she won't let people pick her up so I don't know how that will work. We love you KittyDot.com wherever you are!!!!!

1 comment:

wendy greenspan said...

don't give up yet - hopefully she found a warm spot to hide - call her name from the outside - cats have a definite sense of direction - they know where they live - just be on the lookout for her and call her name