Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Genius May Be an Abnormality by Temple Grandin

http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/Genius_May_Be_Abnormality.htmhttp://www.autismtoday.com/articles/Genius_May_Be_Abnormality.htm

Temple Grandin has written this wonderful article about genius, Aspergers, and autism. Here is a sample of the first paragraph of a very detailed article that I highly recommend:

I am becoming increasingly concerned that intellectually gifted children are being denied opportunities because they are being labeled either Asperger's or high functioning autism. Within the last year I have talked to several parents, and I was disturbed by what they said. One mother called me and was very upset that her six-year-old son had Asperger's. She then went on to tell me that his IQ was 150. I replied that before people knew about Asperger's Syndrome, their child would have received a very positive label of intellectually gifted.

Then she goes on with continuum of traits, genius is an abnormality?, types of thinking, and teachers and mentors.


Below is something that I discovered on Facebook that I am fond of that I hope that you can find something valuable in to take with you.



No comments: