Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Griffin's Behavior

Griffin came home with a report from his teacher that he was being rude to his peers and stomping and whining all day. I believe that he is still upset about the changes in his routine and because mom and dad are not at home still. I am trying to find a child psychologist or behavior expert so that we can nip this in the bud.

My dad may be home today which would be great so that Griffin can get back into his usual routine and he won't be missing his Nana anymore. He has been having a really hard time with transitions and has a meltdown when we are going anywhere other than home, he even has meltdowns when we go to his favorite places to eat such as McDonald's or Wendy's. I have been trying to help him by explaining things to him but it was all in vain.

Griffin has been really bossy at home and demanding so I am constantly reminding him of his manners and trying to help him ask for what he wants rather than him telling me what to do. It is strange for me now to not have help from my mom in dealing with his undesirable behaviors, it's as if we were back in Anchorage again. It is a reminder for me that I appreciate all the help that I have been getting from my mom since we have lived here. Griffin is too big now to manage so it is only possible to talk to him and it is not possible to pick him up off the floor as he is having a meltdown anymore so I must use my noggin more than ever before in helping him to manage and regulate himself in any given situation.

Time to go to the hospital and see what's going on with my dad, I sure do hope that he gets to come home today for several reasons but it will be nice for mom to be home too because it will really help Griffin regulate his life/actions/and words.

No comments: