Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Since I last wrote Griffin has improved significantly and was actually able to go to swimming on the 7th and did an awesome job at being a good listener. He put his face underwater and didn't come up coughing so that was a new milepost for him as far as swimming goes. He had to get 2 shots of Rosephen and was a brave little trooper, he had no fear when we pulled up to the doctor's office because he was focused on watching the local PBS TV station (ETV) and he didn't start to cry until we had to hold him down to get his injection. Soon after the shot he had stopped crying and went on with other things and seemed fine. That is until we got to the school, he became very upset and had a meltdown, his teacher had to come outside the school and get Griffin to go inside............and he did without crying or struggling. I believe that a lot of the reasons for him having meltdowns lately is because he is not in his regular routine and because he wasn't feeling well, he has made a great improvement and has coped with the changes exceptionally well considering all the circumstances.

My dad is doing way better than before, he is eating solid foods, moving around a bit, and speaking much more clearly. I am trying out a new medication (Lyrica) for my fibromyalgia and so far it seems to be helping a lot with the fatigue and with the pain I have all over my body.

I am trying to help Griffin find some semblance of order and routine in his day(s) by letting him stay home for quite awhile so that he can enjoy his down time activities. I will take him to the playground/park to play for awhile since it is so warm and sunny outside even though he is complacent with staying inside right now. I have been cleaning all day and he has been really laid back and happy with what's going on now, I will have to use the McDonald's card in order to get him out of the house because all the other suggestions are not working with him right now.

Hope that you all are well and having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by to find out what's going on with us, feel free to leave me a comment to let me know that you care for us, it makes me happy to see comments in my inbox.............something to look forward to each day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't been reading as faithfully as I was, but thinking of you! :)