Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Monday, February 18, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day

I tried several times to upload an image to this entry but for some reason it is not working properly, this is the first time that it has ever happened so I don't know how to fix it.

Griffin is doing great and getting back into his usual routine, there's been no whining and he has learned to be nice and use his manners in order to get what he wants. I am so happy that it seems to be wearing off and he is improving how he copes with uncomfortable situations. I am still going to make an appointment with the child behavior expert for future reference so if it or some other behavior rears its ugly head then I will be prepared and have the tools that I need to deal with it.

Griffin is doing what he did in Anchorage during the winter, he is wanting to stay inside all day and it is still difficult to get him out of the house to go play, to go shopping, or just to go for a walk. It is very isolating and it concerns me that he is not motivated to do something different. I must confess that I have been guilty of isolating myself especially during the wintertime in Alaska due to weather conditions and the degree of difficulty in dealing with how much trouble it was to get dressed and clean off the car and ultimately dealing with driving in dangerous conditions. Since being in the south I have not isolated myself and I usually make great effort to get Griffin active and at least going for a ride in the car for awhile, I love driving my Volvo and it is so nice to get out of the house for awhile.

Today and for the past few days, the weather is sunny and warm (in the 60's) and it is just perfect for going to the playground so that is my goal for the day...............to go run, swing, and play and maybe feeding the ducks and geese.

I have been taking a new medicine for Fibromyalgia and it has helped me to have much more energy but I still have quite a bit of pain, can't remember if I have mentioned that or not so sorry if I am repeating myself. I will ask my doctor if we can increase the dosage a bit to see if it helps me more.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments: