Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Monday, April 12, 2010

National Autism Resources

Rebecca at National Autism Resources was kind enough to send me a sample of a pencil topper and this is the photo of it. Griffin loves chewing on it when he is doing his homework especially when he gets a bit impatient and frustrated. It is great because it is so resilient that no matter how long it is chewed on it maintains its shape so there is no need to worry about it breaking apart. I highly recommend it for any child who has an oral fixation and likes to chew on things or any child who gets frustrated when trying to accomplish something such as homework or even drawing.

Just follow the link above to get to the website or you can call 877-249-2393 for orders or questions about products. There is also a blog: http://www.NationalAutismResourcesBlog.com/   where you can find excellent posts about autism. I have read several of their posts and I can tell you that I have learned quite a bit that I didn't already know. The posts are written in a very professional manner yet super easy to understand. 

Take a look at what they have to offer, I highly recommend both the website and the blog because I am going to use them from now on. If you have any questions for me about the pencil topper feel free to leave me a comment or call the toll free number, they are very nice and helpful!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is an excellent idea, so simple yet so effective. More importantly, safe!! Jen.