Thursday, April 29, 2010
Thanks Jazzygal for Passing on the Gratitude Award
I was tagged by my dear friend, Jazzygal who has been supportive and helpful in times of need especially on Facebook. Thank you for passing on this Gratitude Award to me, I like to think that I am a positive person who is eternally grateful for what I have in life.
Here are the things that I am grateful for/my Gratitude List for this week:
1. Griffin and I have our medications finally straightened out!
2. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have about autism and that I know enough to protect Griffin from those who seem to not have his success and best interest at heart, therefor I am looking into a new school.
3. The weather is gorgeous and this is my second favorite time of year...autumn being my most favorite.
4. I was able to buy food for us today and coupled with the food from the food bank we should be set for the month. I am grateful that somehow we always end up with food in our bellies!
5. I am grateful that even though it is a fixed income, at least we have income as many people in the USA do not.
6. I am grateful for my dear friends on Facebook who are so supportive of me in times of need whom I have never even met in person but look out if we ever do because the world wouldn't be able to handle us! Especially after a few bottles of wine!!!
7. I am grateful that I get to talk to my parents each day....or several times a day.
- I am the mother to the most amazing child whose name is Griffin Blaise and he was born Jan. 31,2002. He is named after the mythological creature,the griffin which was half eagle and half lion. Griffins were in Greek mythology considered to be a symbol of integrity and protection,and are said to protect hidden treasures. His middle name, Blaise, is an ancient Celtic name for fire. Griffin is half Samoan but his dad has been absent since he was born. We live in North Carolina presently but I lived in Alaska for 18 years, that's where Griffin was born. I am a former exotic dancer, I worked for the FBI undercover, I have been a ballroom dance instructor, and have worked on a commercial salmon fishing vessel. I hope that you find this blog delightful, informative, humorous, and perhaps at times a tear jerker. Share in our joy and pain as you read the chronicles of the life and times of Griffin Blaise and Lora.