Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Great Numbers Game

This is what I found on the fridge today. It speaks for itself. Griffin is not yet 4 yrs. old and he is already spelling like a child in kindergarden (phonetically). His progress is absolutely amazing. This is the title to one of his Sesame Street videos that he asks for by name therefore he knows what it means and it's not just his hyperlexia. For those of you who may have just found your way to this blog Griffin is quite advanced in spelling and with his understanding of numbers and I posted this just as an example of the level of his knowledge. Not to mention that I like to brag about my little genius :)

11 comments:

Mister Ornery said...

And he types wayyyy better than I do. Amazing boy!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

That is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! I'm thouroughly impressed! WTG Griffin!

Melissa said...

That is awesome to see! WTG Griffin!

kristina said...

Well done, Griffin. Does he follow the pattern of the colors of the letters from the video box?

GClef1970 said...

I love it!! Isn't it great to go to other blogs and go, "Hey! My kid does that, too!!"

Alana said...

this is why i keep trying to tell people, that just because some of our kids can't communicate via verbalization, there is so much more going on in their heads than we can even imagine! that is wonderful! the thing about hyperlexia is that because you can read everything, you may not yet understand all of the words you are reading (who does?), but that doesn't mean you don't understand any.

MothersVox said...

Wow, love the pic! That's so cool! Way to go, Griffin!

Anonymous said...

so amazing! and pretty too! go griffin!

Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

That IS really cool. I bet that must've been great to discobver on the fridge. If Gabe did that I would frame it! Awesome Griffin!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

You have every reason to brag. What a smarty.

Jenn said...

ah Griffin, you are brilliant!! I love those little leapfrog letters - aren't they great. I wish we had more vowels though so the kids could spell their names.
That's one smart cookie you have there! You have every right to brag about him :)