Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

HAPPY HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TO GRIFFIN BLAISE


Here is the cake that I made for him today. Tomorrow we will have pizza, pepperoni of course, and chocolate Elmo cake in his classroom with his little buddies. I want to thank my dear blogging buddies for helping me to feel better so that I might enjoy my son's birthday tomorrow. I will definitely take lots of pictures so that you can see him having fun at his party. I would like to thank K.C.'s mommy for helping me out when I was so low and rallying support for me in my time of need. But this is not about me, it's about my little angel and how he has grown up so much in 4 short years. He has shown such tremendous improvement and progress that it is simply phenomenal. You are my super hero Griffin and I adore you. You are the "Sonshine" of my life, the light in my darkness and the warmth in my cold cold winter. I am eternally grateful for the gift that I have received in you. I have been blessed with the most precious present that I could have ever imagined. As I have said before, you bring me tears of joy and of pain and for this time I have learned to savor the moments in the ways that I know how and to let you know how much I love you and appreciate your unconditional love. Regardless of your exceptional intelligence you are the greatest child that any mommy could ever have hoped for bar none. Just being in your presence is truly an experience in the beauty of life and living. You have saved me from an otherwise empty existence and there are no words to describe how enriched I feel and how proud that I am to be your mommy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Buddy! I am so proud of you. You truly are the "sonshine" in so many peoples lives. Thank you for blessing my life. Enjoy your big day!!!

Love you bunches & bunches

Sheila

mommyguilt said...

Happy Birthday Griffin!!!!!!!!! And to you, Lora - happy birthday also - for you have done a great deal in bringing this wonderful boy to the place he is at...you gave him life, love, nurturing, and as much of everything else that you have to give. I know the feeling of being proud to be the Mama and you absolutely should be proud of Griffin AND yourself! Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome cake!!
Happy, Happy birthday Griffin!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Griffin!
That's one tasty looking cake! yum!
Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Happy Birthday Griffin!!! Your cake looks AWESOME! Have fun!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Griffin and for you Lora what a wonderful time in your life you have everything to be proud of.These are the wonderful years and you have also shown unconditional love for your sonshine. Remember i told you that you give him his needs and he gives you the special and that is in all phases of life. I know you two have enjoyed the day. It is great to have you feeling better Lora. LOve You mom

Kiralea Powell said...

Hi Lora

What a wonderful cake. Happy Birthday to Griffin and you too Lora. My thoughts are with you both always, you are doing the most wonderful job with Griffin and reading your blog is uplifting and the words you write about yourself are courageous.

We are all batting for you and you have already made that home run.
Keep going with that tenacious attitude of yours. You are a wonderful, caring, gifted and spiritual person, anyone who knows you are very lucky to be able to call you their friend.

Sending you many hugs to you and griffin and take care my friend.
Luv always Kiralea