Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Griffin Writes His Name

Griffin wrote his name all by himself for the very first time today in O.T. and he drew this lovely little character all by himself as well.Tracy said that he was holding the pen properly when doing it also. He just keeps amazing me every single day. I don't even know what to write about it other than how darn proud I am of him and to thank Tracy for being such a wonderful O.T. for him. Next post will have a picture of Tracy and Griffin , I would put it in this post but I don't know how to insert more than one photo. If anyone cares to let me know how to do it I would appreciate it. I don't want them side by side but one down below this paragraph would be good.

I am just so overwhelmed with joy that Griffin wrote his name and drew this little face that I am speechless. I will create a post tomorrow and let you know about what Tracy has been working on with Griffin and how it is that she gets to be such an incredible Occupational Therapist.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY...love the writing and the picture! Awesome! You have every right to be a proud Momma!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WTF Griffin!!! that's his FIRST attempt??? WOWSERS!!! Guess he wanted to wait until he could do it perfectly. That's amazingly good penmanship for a kid IMHO!

mommyguilt said...

YEA!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for Griffin! He did beautifully! HE must be proud, just as you are, of his accomplishment. I can walk you through the picture - just insert it like you would for just one, and then click and drag it to where you want it (blogger will automatically insert it at the top of the posting). Make sure you leave lots of break room, though or your text will overlap the photo. Let me know if you need more help!

Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

That's awesome!
GOOOOOO GRIFFIN!!!!
He wrote his name really well. All the letters look great! Love the drawing :o)

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Wow. I couldn't do that at 4! Amazing. Good job Griffin and Mom too.

Mister Ornery said...

And he's long since established that he's a lot faster on a computer keyboard than some 'ornery individuals'. Spells better too. Can't wait for the next picture!.

Oh yes, let me know how you're posting, whether in html or WYSIWYG. I might be able to help with adding photos.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

Jenn said...

Wow - that's awesome!! Better than Duncan, and he's almost 5! Sounds like Griffin is just thriving so well under the right therapist. Tracy is incredible, but then again, so is Griffin :)

Anonymous said...

wow! that's so impressive! this OT sounds like a dream. i'm so glad for you both that you have her. fluffy is nowhere near writing his own name and certainly not drawing such a lively and expressive character and he will be 5 in a few weeks. you have every reason to feel proud of your sweet and brilliant boy!

kristina said...

Charlie wrote his name just like that when he was Griffin's age--those lovely scrawl-letters. So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That is my boy! We knew along time ago that Griffin was going to be absolutely amazing! And he proves it to us everyday. Way to go little man.....and bravo to you Lora.....
I am so proud of you BOTH!!!!
Love Sheila