Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Thursday, March 30, 2006

In the Swimming Pool



Griffin is still enjoying his O.T. with Gayle in the swimming pool and he is doing a great job with it as well. He actually went underwater and didn't get frightened. It is so much fun to watch those two in the pool having such a great time together. It seems that no matter what Gayle asks him to do in the water he complies and seems to do his best at pleasing her. The exercises that they do seem so simple yet I know that they serve a higher purpose. I know that I have said it before but I am just thrilled that we have Gayle as Griffin's O.T. there's no way on earth that we could have found an O.T. as skilled, as committed or as caring as Gayle is. Our lives have truly been enriched by having her around as Griffin's Early Intervention O.T. and now as his private O.T. We are very fortunate indeed. Just in case you are wondering, I am almost ready for the trip to the lower 48 (N.C. & S.C.). All I need to do is to run errands on Friday and Saturday and to pack the last minute things, the things that we use everyday. Gosh, I sure hope that everything goes as planned but there is that saying : the best laid plans of mice and men. Did I get it right? Well anyhow, what I meant was that when you plan things, they ultimately get screwed up and one can become quite disappointed due to expectations. So, I am going to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst, that way I have all my bases covered. See ya soon, Take Care All.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz here, I was listening to talk radio today and there was a pediatrician answering questions. He ringingly endorsed using Benadryl as a sleep aid for trips for kids, but warned that a few kids (he didn't say a percentage) can have a paradoxical reaction and become more active. Actually what he said was, "get pretty loopy" -- I love docs who talk colloquially. His solution: test-drive the effect the day before the trip.

JodiTucker said...

Have a wonderful trip seeing all your family!! What brought you to Alaska to begin with? (if that is not too personal).....Again, have a great time together!....jodi/OH

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

What a great pic! Glad to hear Griffin is enjoying the water. Sending you positive travelling vibes :)