Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

Yesterday I had knee surgery because I had a torn meniscus on my left knee, a rather old injury that has progressively gotten worse with time, it started when I had my foot surgery back in March when I was in a wheelchair and I would pull myself along with my left leg. I have been swimming to try to lose weight and it just made it so that it wouldn't heal but instead it started popping and hurt worse so I had to get it taken care of so thankfully I am blessed with insurance that allows me to do that since I am on disability.

Today I feel pain because I have had surgery and kind of over exerted myself in the evening because my mom was helping me and I hate for her to do so much but I am moving around with a walker. She is so very helpful and kind but she does everything without saying a word about it and I feel so bad that she not only helps me but my dad too. I only get to see them every so often because they live an hour and a half away from here so that is about every 2 to 3 months so I like for her to be able to relax when she is here but that is rare because she is always helping me bless her heart! Thanks mom I love you!

Griffin has had behavior problems today all day long, it started from the minute he got out of bed and we found out that it was a teacher's work day but then it was too late for him to go back to sleep, too late for any of us to turn back. I just drank copious amounts of coffee and I think that now at 12:26 p.m. it is finally beginning to work and I woke up at 5:00 a.m. Griffin is with mom at the store right now thank goodness he is out of the apartment for awhile maybe it will help with his boredom but that was no excuse for him hitting me all morning....that has got to stop! I have got to talk to this LCSW that he is going to see on the 8th of Oct. he is hitting me more and more and hitting the remote control and the computer monitor all the time. He has consequences but they do not work anymore even when I increase the amount of time or the degree of harshness....ie, the loss of computer time which means the most to him. Any suggestions?????

I am tired and my knee is hurting from sitting here, I hope that Griffin is in a better mood when he gets back from the store.

No comments: