Single Moms Raising Autistic Sons


city map

Followers

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm Feeling Better Today

Pictured here is Griffin on the computer at approximately 2:30 in the morning. He woke me up early yet again. You may ask, "why Lora are you taking pictures at 2:30 in the morning?" Well, I take pictures because it helps me cope with the irritability and terrible fatigue that I am feeling. It is a way for me to remind myself of how cute this little guy is and how could I possibly be upset with him? I have to admit that sometimes it doesn't actually work that way but it sounds good.

I got him on the bus at 8:00 and laid down and took a power nap because the guy from Alaska Housing was coming over for the yearly inspection at 9:00, for those of you who don't know, Griffin and I are on public assistance and I have Section 8 housing. Later, after he left, I decided to get motivated and go run some errands. I was supposed to go on a field trip with Griffin's class but I really needed a break from him after we were together for so long all morning and especially since he wouldln't stop saying "hey mom mom". I knew that if I went on the field trip with them that he would continue to keep saying it and frankly my nerves just couldn't take it. I'm sure that it was, and always is, a good thing for him to spend time away from me too.

I paid some bills and came home for awhile to check my e-mail and the blogs. I was so surprised at how many wonderful people commented on my last entry/post. I was crying I felt so touched, thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me. I know that I can get through this rough spot especially since I now know that I am not alone in this. I got to meet some new people too which is always cool. I can't thank you enough Christina for what you have done for me, mere words are not enough.

I go to see my therapist tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it, Marilyn is the best at what she does. Griffin had his O.T. today and it went really well. Tracy used listening therapy on him and said that it is helpful in calming him down and if we are going to do it at home it should be done twice a day for 30 minutes. Tomorrow he has speech with Nancy he always seems to have fun with her. Grifin has been doing so well since he had the tubes put in his ears. He apparently had negetive pressure behind his eardrums and it was interfering with his hearing. Since having them put in his speech has vastly improved. He doesn't babble anymore all his words are far more clear than before.

Also for those of you who have just met me I also have ADHD, and APD (Auditory Processing Disorder), I am a single stay at home mom and I have no idea where Griffin's father is. See "Being a Single Stay at Home Mom" below. I don't know how to link things in my own blog.

I let Griffin stay up a bit later tonight in hopes that he will sleep throughout the night. I gave him the melatonin which did not calm him down as it usually does and just to be on the safe side I gave him 1/4 tablet of the Clonodine. Man, I hope that combo works for him..........and me too.

No comments: